Starting 4-H Chicken Club! Need Some Advice!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickengirl4, Aug 18, 2013.

1. chickengirl4

chickengirl4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    PA
    Hi there,
    My name is Morgan and i am a 4-Her. My family raises cows, sheep, horses, and chickens. We can show all of them except for 1. Chickens!!!! And I love my chickens. But i talked to my extention office and they said i needed a leader and some kids to particapate. Well my dad offered to be the leader he grew up on a commercial egg and meat chicken farm so he knows a thing or two about them. And i have kids who want to do it However the only thing i need is some help. If any of you out there are current 4-H leaders or were if you could give me some help or ideas on things that need done and stuff to do that would be AMAZING! because we are still trying to figure everything out.

2. Mickey Lou 04

Mickey Lou 04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    The 4-h extension office will give your dad a bunch of paper work and do a background check ( at least our county does ) if he is not a leader for another project already he will have to take a class on being a leader. Again the extension office will help your dad.

Which state are you guys in?

Every club has a different way of running their meetings. If you are a 4-Her then you kind of know what the club runs like. You are going to need a stick to walk a chicken as well this can be a smooth stick or anything that is smooth and small enough to walk from behind the birds legs. So if you have bantams then you'll need a smaller stick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by