Starting a new Banty Flock

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aShMaNv, Jan 24, 2012.

1. aShMaNv

aShMaNv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    Well my significant other's birthday is coming up and i have a great idea. She has came to love chickens as much as i have but especially loves the colorful bright banties lol. I dont have any as of now but i do have some extra space for a new run and coop and was thinking of suprising her with her own flock of those colorful little boogers lol. I was trying to come up with some breeds. I know a few cochins and silkies. I would like to add some really bright birds in the mix. Any ideas?? [​IMG]

2. Goldngirl

Goldngirl Out Of The Brooder

What a lovely idea! She will love it!

I love my we pekins (cochins) I am trying to get a mix of colours. There are silver pencil, cuckoo, blues, splash, buff, mottles, spangled, white, black, etc etc! Silkies are lovely too I have a white and black one that are very pretty:)

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Sebrights, Bantam Brahmas, d'Uccles, Bantam Rocks; all bright little banties that are common enough to be found easily, but gorgeous as well!

4. aShMaNv

aShMaNv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    All of those sound great. I was thinking about adding a few bantam EEs too!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by