Well, last month I pulled my change basket out and started counting. Came up with $715, so I decided the best thing to do with this "rainy day" money was to build another coop and get some more Brahmas! Heh. The goal with this one is to get it to look like a playhouse, so that when this house gets sold, it can be easily cleaned and converted if the new people don't want chickens. We've located it about 50 feet from the barn, on the other side of the wash rack and in front of the swing set. I think it's a good location. First step: putting in the blocks with short posts and getting them level. (the camera is tilted, not the build!) Once we got the floor down, I gave it a quick 2 coats of an outdoor semi-gloss paint. Right after this, the rain started and has lasted about a week. We got the wall frames done in the garage: Then, started putting them all together on the base. This puts us at a stopping point for now. Got to get back to office work and Dad is studying up on how to do a roof correctly. The dimensions are 6X6X8 and with it being so tall and skinny, I'm really fighting the urge to paint it up like the TARDIS!!!