1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Starting Ayam Cemani eggs today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AJinABQ, Feb 10, 2016.

1. AJinABQ

AJinABQ Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2016
    Albuquerque
    My fingers are crossed and if you don't mind please cross yours also. The eggs finally got here today and I have never tried hatching shipped eggs before so I don't know what to expect. The seller didn't mark the box as fragile either although none appear cracked and they were well packed inside.
    I hope they aren't scrambled however because I really want a Ayam Cemani rooster!

2. ekalbach

ekalbach Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2015
    My eggs just got here today. Mine are legbars. All of my eggs look good. My first time hatching too.

1 person likes this.
  3. ekalbach

ekalbach Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2015
    Good luck!

4. BarrettG

BarrettG Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2015
    S.Florida
    How much were the eggs? Are you sure they are not sweedish hens? What website did you get them from. I was thinking of breeding them too.They are like $200 a chick

5. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    following

1 person likes this.
  6. doc637

doc637 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2016
    Can't wait to see them hatch out. Good luck with them. I have some Cemani going in tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you.

1 person likes this.
  7. BarrettG

Mar 15, 2015
    S.Florida
    How much were the eggs?
    Keep me posted on the hatch rate

8. AJinABQ

AJinABQ Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2016
    Albuquerque
    125 for 6, but the didn't label the box outside as fragile or containing live animals so the box got here pretty whipped. Al but one was scrambled and it's not looking too good either. The sellers said she will send me 5 eggs in 3-4 weeks so I am not happy at all. I feel really ripped off.

9. BarrettG

Mar 15, 2015
    S.Florida

I'm so sorry to hear that. That's unfortunate. I know those birds don't lay eggs very often.That's a shame. Your better off spending the extra money and getting them from a hatchery

10. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I ship eggs all over the U.S. and the PO tells me, if they are not marked no x ray live embryo, they are x rayed. Just sayin.... Charm1704

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by