Starting out

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by lizzy24, Nov 6, 2013.

1. lizzy24

lizzy24 New Egg

Nov 6, 2013
    Hi I live in Brighton. I don't have any chickens now but I can't wait to buy some. :) this page has helped me lots. I am also thinking of doing my own chicken coop.

2. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. Building your own coop is rewarding . Best of luck on your future flock.

3. alibraun

alibraun Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    ohio
    hello n welcome!! I fairly new too, 12 girls, new coop( thinking bigger one already) and not figured out how to quote or make animations yet, lol!!

4. Eleisha

Eleisha Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Cleveland, oh
    Hello & welcome. You'll be addicted in no time lol. I built my own coop & It's way cheeper especially if you can reclaim materials. There is so much information here, just about anything you can think of. You can also find the thread for your state to find people in your area to buy chickens from in your area when you're ready.

5. lizzy24

lizzy24 New Egg

Nov 6, 2013
    Thank you. So far I like this page great info! I was trying to look for people around my area but couldn't figure it out yet lol

6. Eleisha

Sep 3, 2013
    Cleveland, oh

What state are you in? Maybe I can help you find it. Also i used to google what I wanted to look up & type "byc" after it & click the link that said it was on this site. It was easier when I first started.

7. lizzy24

lizzy24 New Egg

Nov 6, 2013
    I am in Brighton Colorado. I will try google too. Thank you for the help:)

8. Eleisha

Sep 3, 2013
    Cleveland, oh
  9. Manningjw

Manningjw Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Not to mention you can build it to be whatever YOU want it to be, and save money in the process.

I built my last coop out of some purchased lumber and a lot of reclaimed wood/materials. My next smaller coop will be almost entirely reclaimed building materials.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by