Starting over, but what did I get??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TattooedChicks, Mar 30, 2017.

1. TattooedChicks

TattooedChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2017
    Kansas City
    Yesterday, my entire 6 week old bantam flock of 12 was wiped out by a dog. To say the least, I was devastated and am still in shock. My poor husband was the one to find them and clean up the mess, so that I didn't have to see all the chaos and destruction. We buried the birds in the corner of the garden where I just finished planting their crops for the spring and summer.

I didn't sleep until early this morning, but when I woke up a few hours later, something was peeping at the end of my bed.

[​IMG]

That wonderful man got up hours before I did and was kind enough to try to help, even if he made me cry more. He remembered I had 'bantams' and snatched up a dozen of these terribly tiny day or two old chicks. I had OEGBs and D'uccles before, but he's not one to remember breeds. Apparently, he almost brought home a duck too.

So now, a few hours later, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of trying again amid the heartbreak. I can't ignore the peeping and chirping. But what did my dear spouse just dump in my lap??

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm guessing 3 golden Sebrights?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    4 Mottled Cochins in black/blue?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    3 Silver-duckwing Old English game birds (girls, I hope, based on eye stripe)?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] And these two, maybe a red cochin and... I have no idea on the white/creamy one...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. cmcrane

cmcrane New Egg

Jan 3, 2016
    Are the pale yellow chicks light brahmas? I just purchased this breed ant they look similar.

3. TattooedChicks

Jan 21, 2017
    Kansas City
    Maybe?? I'll go do a google search and compare. The pale chick has no leg feathers, the ruddy brown one has them.

4. TattooedChicks

Jan 21, 2017
    Kansas City

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by