Starting over gathering coop supplies

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SarahBeth9394, Jan 24, 2010.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I had my plan. I started gathering recycled supplies for a coop in July. Had a good amount of stuff for a spring build. Then my daughter rescued a pup. Guess what all my coop materials went to. Yup a dog house. Anyhow my hubby works with a gal that told him if we wanted firewood to just come on over as they have several acres and lots of downed wood. As luck would have it they replaced the windows on their house so I lucked out and got three windows for the coop which will now be a late summer build. At least it's a start. LOL

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Yippeee Do you CL ? Always have tons of free stuff on there...

3. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Yes but we are so out in the country that it is rare to find something within a 40 mile drive. I was doing so well with the supplies and then the pup happened. LOL I watch our freecycle which turned into freeshare and the leader just did the switch without notifying the membership and now I have to register on freecycle again. ARGH.

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Our freecycle sucked so I got out of it.. The peolple were RUDE.. And it was always the same stuff.. Plus one person on there would get ANYTHING that was free..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by