Starting over

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DRAGGINZUZU, Dec 1, 2016.

1. DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    Hey guys I'm back after about a three yr break. I'm starting to get my equipment lined up to start breeding quail again. I sold everything when I moved from FL to GA. Now starting over. Only thing I kept from my old stuff was a hovabato. And I have messed around a little over the summer and hatched out some chickens and a few turkeys. My question is I just recently picked up a few more incubators (4) that are old and wood. I've done a little research but can't find alot on them. I believe one is one of the first sportsmans from gqf. It's mad if plywood and is red.The others not so sure. One is a sears roebuck and I'll have to look at the other two

2. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    Try a pic

3. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

Let me see if this works

4. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    Ok I might have the phone figured out. If anyone knows anything about these I'd love some help , I believe they work but want to go through them to make sure. The biggest one says sears roebuck and co, the other big one says humidaire? And another one I got says brower, I believe it was made by Leahy. Any info ?[​IMG]

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I have never seen any like those :) Try test running it and check for temp and humidity levels.

6. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    And what I believe is a gqf , Has a turner but its manual, a lever on top that turns a screw that turns the eggs trays, i'll try to get some pics later. I cant find any on the web.

7. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Here's the lever

8. DRAGGINZUZU

Oct 30, 2010
    [​IMG]
    And the insides, plans are to clean it up and use it. I do have to find a few pieces of angle to make a new tray or do any of you know where I can order a whole new one? The one I have is missing a few pieces

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by