starting over

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Oct 4, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I recently had a terrible virus that took all but one of my beloved girls..it spread so fast I tried everything but could not save them. Now im going to try to start over. Soon I will have my chicks shipped. Please pray they arrive safely and healthy. With so much disasters that ive been through I couldnt bare to have problems again from shipping.im just asking for prayer that my new babe's make the trip here safely and healthy.. thank you for your support! Im very excited but scared. I just don't want anything bad happening in shipping. Thank you all. Cant wait to get them home. :)

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm sorry for the loss of your birds. [​IMG]Do you know what the disease was? Hopefully, your new chicks will remain healthy--I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

3. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Thank you so much. No I'm not sure the exact disease. But it was respitory. I've cleaned and thrown out what I could and I'm praying its gone. I tried everything to save my other birds from tylan to baytril injectable but nothing helped. I ended up trying to tube feed but still lost them. It was devastating. What ever it was it was antibotic restistant.... :( but everything is all clean and I'm ready for my babes. Hopefully it will have a happy ending. Thank you for replying.

4. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG] Hope all works out for you.

5. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Thank you so much. Its been so hard and so sad.its time for some good things now. I'm praying things work out. Saw picts of the new babe's from the breeder today. They are so precious..I just pray it works out well. Too much sadness.its time for some happiness now. Time to start over.

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I would highly recommend stripping the coop completely and then spraying it down well with bleach or Oxine a few times. Some of these viruses can live a long time in the environment. I would even spray down the run with Oxine.

7. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Good advice.Clean the heck out of it.
    [​IMG]

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I hope you get your babies soon and can start enjoying your new flock ASAP!

Sorry for your losses!

9. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Thank you so much. Its hard to start over but my girls brought so much joy to my life I want to try again. They will be dearly missed but I'm very excited for the new babes. I'm waiting on DNA sex results because I can only have females so the breeder is working with me to get a few females out. They will be buff silkies and silver partridge silkies. I am like a expected mother im too excited! I just pray it all works out.its been so hard to loose my girls like that especially since I raised them from babes... thank you for replying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by