starting the coop today

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chicks rule, May 6, 2007.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Guess I can quit looking around for used lumber and such. Went to Lowe's this morning and got materials for an 8X8 coop, [​IMG]

2. Sunny Day

Sunny Day Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    My husband is out there building mine right now! (I wasn't expecting anything nearly this substancial.) I'll show pictures as we get it done.

3. Sunny Day

Sunny Day Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Chickens Rule,

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so self-centered...I mean I am sharing in your excitement! Do you have plans to share? I just made mine up myself and my husband is "adding to it". Hope you've got lots of help!

4. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Camera isn't working, so no pics, yet. They do have the floor and the walls up, I will have a mobile home door and a nice big window, yeah. It was the last thing I expected him to do today, but, I'm soooo glad he did, lol. Well back outside to help. Good going with yours as well. They can surprise us at times!!!!!!

5. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    I'm glad the rain quit for you, it will be back all to soon. I'll be waiting for the pics. We finished our run today, when we find our camera I'll post pics.

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

EXCITING!!! [​IMG]
    Don't you just love new coops? New coop=MORE CHICKENS!!!
    We have some extra pallets (DH works for the City of Corona and they are always throwing them out) and I talked him into making another coop! [​IMG]

7. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    the siding is going on as I type, LOL probably wont get done today, but, they got so much done I'll not complain. And yes this is very exciting, the two chicks my grandson brought home from school got this all started and we are at 24 chicks of various ages now, so I might ought to give it a rest for awhile, hmmm.

Kelli will be looking for pics of your run, I need some ideas for that,

Carri, I have four crates I brought in from a farm implement store they were throw aways, sooo what to do with them now, oh the possibilities [​IMG]

8. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Well the coop is ready for the roof, luckily we have a friend who builds metal buildings so the tin is covered, needs the window put in and the door installed and the outside will be complete, we also have friends who used to have layer houses so the nest boxes are covered as well. This is just too cool, didn't plan on having a coop this soon. I was still trying to come up with ideas for one and now this. Too cool, can you tell I am excited, LOL

9. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Yea, all is done but the roof, black paper down waiting on the tin, I have a few pics I will try to post. Started Sunday afternoon and worked until dark and through rain, but, it's only taking two days, not bad. I wanted so badly to go get a few more chicks tonight but, contained myself, LOL

Anyone know how to transfer pics from Wal-Mart.com?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by