Starting to get fustrated

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I pride myself on being an honest person, at least I try although I am disorganized and often forget to respond or do stuff I do manage to get my products shipped out and follow through even if it takes a while to do so in some cases. I have done several barters with many folks here on BYC and most times it has gone well. But 3 have not and what was supposed to be a way for both parties to save money has just turned into a loss of money for me. Not to mention time and for those of you who have received my eggs you know that a lot of time is spent packaging them up the way I do. ... For those I am actively in the middle of shipping an you are making please dont think this reffers to you at all, I know I have some active barters in the "works" its the ones that were completed on my end but not the other that I am poed about.

Since so many went well and I got so many wonderful things that I myself could not make I am at a loss as to how to feel. I accept at times there will be some dishonest people or those that take advantage but 3 out of 9 people is not the best ratio. Since I know at least 2 of the 3 byc members are on a lot I am hoping that this (since my pm's don't seem to be working) will jump start them to do what is right and either send my goods or pay for the eggs they received. I guess my next step will be to leave feedback but with the 2 systems I wonder if it will even be seen [​IMG]

Maybe I am just being a baby, but now I don't have a gift for (who ever the product as going to be for) and even less money to buy them something else or anything for that matter.

In addition one of the members who burned me also burned another BYC member so I know I am not the only one, but the offender is not on BYC anymore so calling them out is rather pointless.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sorry to hear about this. I know there are sometimes legitimate reasons why a deal may fall apart, but people shouldn't just leave you hanging . . .

[​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Darn! I hate when stuff like that happens! Leave feedback! (although, i cant even find it anymore.. [​IMG] ..)
    Sorry you came across people like that. [​IMG]

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You are happy with our trade aren't you?????? [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This is the major reason I've stayed completely away from the swap threads.....I don't care to get the short end of the stick in a swap.

6. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    pips&peeps :

You are happy with our trade aren't you?????? [​IMG]

OMG how can you even ask that [​IMG] happy? yes I am VERY happy [​IMG]

these were eggs trades that were sent and I got nothing, well one was a grown silkie that I shipped but I know they are not on BYC anymore, at least not under the name they were using.​

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:OMG how can you even ask that [​IMG] happy? yes I am VERY happy [​IMG]

these were eggs trades that were sent and I got nothing, well one was a grown silkie that I shipped but I know they are not on BYC anymore, at least not under the name they were using.

makes me worry about the poor chicken you sent.. [​IMG]

8. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I am sorry you got burned. I bought quail eggs ($17) from a member this Spring and never received anything. I also did a quilt block for another person who said she sent hers and then said she was sending a second one, and I never got either one. People aren't honest anymore.

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I know what you mean....AHappyChick.....now I haven't sent what we were to trade for either (another person on BYC, not you). I don't think its right for someone to come on here claiming they can do certain things and will trade with you and then you never hear from them again. I have figured that if they are really new to BYC (like less than 6 months) I will steer clear from any trades with them.

I am actually sending out fro a trade tomorrow becasue I received a pm today that what I am trading for is on its way [​IMG] there are more honest people on here than dis-honest, I think [​IMG]

Sure hope you do get the attention of some of the people that don't follow through.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  10. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Yes I am the other BYC member that was taken. For not only eggs but birds also. About 25 of them to be exact.
    I am out a lot of money that was needed for my OH being terminal and I use the money to help by meds.
    Well it really put me in a spot. So I know now "AHappychick" feels.
    "AHappychick" is right about the offender. They are not on BYC anymore so calling them out is rather pointless.
    I tried to be nice to the offender and listened to all the excuses and believing them (or giving the benefit of the doubt anyway).
    Until one day they hung up on me as soon as they heard my voice. Then threatened me when I called back. This is not right.
    Maybe I just am too trusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by