Starting to hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kimczeb, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Kimczeb

Kimczeb Hatching

Mar 22, 2018
    I have two peeps that hatched overnight. They are dry and going crazy in the incubator!! There are still live eggs not yet hatched. The peeps are rolling the eggs everywhere! Should I take the peeps out? Also three of my pipped eggs have a thick white membrane under the shell. And one hasn’t pipped yet but I hear it peeping like crazy. Should I try to help any of them??

Clucking_Caramel likes this.
  2. Clucking_Caramel

Clucking_Caramel Chirping

Apr 2, 2018
    They might not be ready yet so I wouldn't help them hatch. The peeps though should be separated if they are rolling the eggs.

3. Kimczeb

Kimczeb Hatching

Mar 22, 2018
    Ok. I’ll get them out now. There’s one that hasn’t pipped at all but it’s peeping and going crazy inside. I forgot to mention also these are late hatching. Monday the 2nd was 21 day mark

4. Clucking_Caramel

Apr 2, 2018
  5. Kimczeb

Kimczeb Hatching

Mar 22, 2018
    Do you think the peeps hurt the unhatched eggs by rolling them? They hatched in the middle of the night so I’m not even sure how long they were rolling them.

6. Clucking_Caramel

Apr 2, 2018
    Probably not, most likely they just moved the peep around in the egg making it harder to hatch since it needs to realign itself.

7. Kimczeb

Kimczeb Hatching

Mar 22, 2018
    Thank you for your advice!! I’m going go give just a tiny bit of help to see if I can get them going again on their own. I’ll keep you posted!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: