1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

starved horses up for adoption

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sundance, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I heard on the news that the 84 starving horses found in cannon county are ready to be put up for adoption anyone wanting to adopt should probably contact the Nashville Humane Society. things like this make me want to go back to public hangings in the town square.More info should probably be gotten from channell 4 news in nashville tn. marrie

2. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    [​IMG]..agreed

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    There were 12 horses rescued not too far from me the other day. They said on the news that there wasn't a speck of feed or hay anywhere for them. They were eating each others tails off for protein and eating the wood in their stalls. One was a draft that was 750 pounds underweight! All of them were nothing but bones with big sores all over their bodies.
    And if the owner gets the maximum penalty it will only be 90 days in jail and a $500 fine. I'm afraid we will be seeing a lot of this this winter.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:WHAT?!?!? That's insane. Do they charge 12 animals all as one, and then it's a class Z misd. or something?
    Geez no wonder these kind of people don't learn. [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Isn't that nuts? And the owner won't even have to pay restitution for medical, feed and board to the people that will work so hard to care for the horses she ruined. [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Now see that is particularly nuts... least they could do is make her pay for the animals to be rescued!

Seriously, they wonder why people don't give a fig... that's why... that's not even a slap... more like a pat on the hand. [​IMG]

7. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wish I lived closer, I would volunteer to help.

8. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    can you proovide links to these 2 stories,
    kinda harsh to pass judgement on someone with out knowing the whole circumstances.

9. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

I googled this and found it. This is enough to break your heart... Here's the link: Cannon Co, TN Rescue Horses

And I'm sorry, but to let animals get to this point of neglect is assanine (probably not a word but you get the gist) and CRIMINAL. The owner could have at any point turned those horses over to someone who could care for them. And the statement, "there's a lot more of this out there," is probably all too sadly true. Especially in this economy.

10. I live in Cannon Co.and we have NO animal rescue of any kind in this county. I live on a private road, and I don't know who many dogs and cats that have been just dumped off around here.There are only 5 familys that live on this 2 mile stretch of road, 4 of them my family, in our family we have a total of 10 dogs, neighbor has the cats. but we just can't take anymore. would love to have one of the horses for my grandchildren, but due to age and money can't. Hope somebody will adopt these animals. marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by