Starving horses- why I have been missing

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nccatnip, Apr 23, 2008.

1. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
  2. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    I saw your user name on Fugly and wondered if it was the same person from BYC. Sort of figured it was. Great job!

3. nccatnip

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Another Fugly reader!!! Too cool. Amazing where you run into us at, huh?

4. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

My mom goes to that website all the time! [​IMG] I'm not allowed to though. [​IMG]

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Great job! It is such a shame that animals are taken care of, or should I say not taken care of, in this manner.

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Have mercy! That initial photo of Prince broke my heart. Nice work to you and everyone involved.

7. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    I think Lucy is going to be darling when she gets better. She sounds like a sweetheart - nuzzling poor Prince to comfort him.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Great job! You are a person with a big heart! [​IMG] To bad everyone in the world can't be as compassionate as you are. It's sad that there are actually people out there with hearts cold enough to treat such a beautiful animal that way. [​IMG] That truly should be against the law. They need to be thrown in jail and given the same treatment!

9. nccatnip

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Thanks for all the nice PM's guys- I went to Ga and brought the kids home this weekend, Blog has been updated with pictures included.

10. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I agree with the rescue of the horses. That is a shame on the person that owned them. If they couldn't feed or care for them they should have found someone who could instead of making them suffer. I am from Seagrove NC and many years ago I called Animal Control on some people that owned 5 horses, they had no grass to eat, there were nothing but rocks where they were, their hooves had curved up really bad, they were malnutritioned, and all I ever seen them feed the horses were soft mints. I went to where the horses were one day and they looked at me as to cry for help, it lookedlike they literally had tears in their eyes. In the end thye had to put 1 of the horses down because it had been so mistreated. I love horses and so does my kids. We owned 2 about 10 years ago but we moved to where we didn't have enough land for them so we sold them to people that would love and care for them. Shame on people that mistreat animals. Shame on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by