State Block Swap

Would you like to have the shape of the U.S. to go along with your blocks? That you can applique to

• Red

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Black

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Blue

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Orange

• Solid

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • tone on tone

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

katsdar

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 21, 2012
Armuchee, Georgia
BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply.

Let the quilting begin!
I am on BYC often, and I will be available to answer questions, and all who send blocks will receive blocks from whoever else takes part. I ask that when you ship all of your blocks, add a large SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for easy block shipment. ALL BLOCKS are sent to me (yes, even yours your keeping) so that I can be sure every pile of blocks sent out contains one from every single sender. It’s confusing to keep track of 12 - 15 different piles, and who doesn't need one. I want no mistakes, so make and send them all.
TO SIGN UP: Please put "SIGN ME UP" OR "YES, I'M IN" or something all by itself in a post on the forum. (Or, put it first, then elaborate) Please post you want to be involved HERE on THIS THREAD.
Thanks
Kat

Block requirements:

This will be the State block Swap
ONLY 12 SPACES ARE AVAILABLE

Block size 12.5 x 12.5 unfinished
Number of Blocks: 12

Due Date: October 23rd
Select your State block you would like to do. Any colors/print/batiks etc. of your choice. Please post what State Block you would like to do, and you can certainly do more than one State.

if your block needs to be resized here is a cheat sheet

This is a site that I go to, to get an idea of what the State Blocks look like.
http://quilterscornerclub.tripod.com/id74.html

This site may have your State already sized.
http://www.bellaonline.com/subjects/7939.asp

Quilter's Cache is a good site for blocks, click on link and look to about middle of page click on "where do you want to go" and look for the free patterns click and then select block size.
http://www.quilterscache.com/

The States that have already been claimed are:
Oregon
Colorado
California

Good morning ladies!!! My blocks are in the mail. I want to thank you for your patience.
1f60a.png
Have a great weekend.
1f31e.png
1f31e.png

HI,

How the swaps work, you would in this case pick a state to make 12 blocks then you send me all 12 blocks and you get back 12 blocks 11 being from other swappers, so you have 12 different blocks. All instructions requirements are in the first post. I hope you join us, we have a lot of fun.

Oh I understand now. Thank you!
I just got a sewing machine and am still playing around with it.
I love this idea, but I am not ready to join JUST yet.
Hopefully the next one!

I'll keep in touch with you for the next one, i got some practicing to do!
Thanks again.

@majack

@fenrosie

It was mentioned from one of you, can't remember who sorry that I should pick a state for you, please pick your own state, if you are "in". I understand you don't have quilt blocks representing your areas,
Fenrosie if I were to pick a block I'd pick Kentucky since that is where Lincoln was born. For those of us that don't know Fenrosie's DH is a descendant of Abraham Lincoln.

kentucky-block.gif

Majack you might consider Massachusetts since that is where the Pilgrims landed,

mass-block.gif

These are only suggestions

Your chicken block is awesome, love it, great job, 

love the baby quilt too

you've been a busy little bee.!!  really very nice job on both

on the baby quilt what did you use charm pack or layer cake?   oh and I see a big black button after you quilt the chicken for the eye or satin stitch a black eye, IMO would finish it off nicely.  

chicken definitely needs an eye. I think the baby quilt was from some fat quarters...I found cheap but good fabric at a little shop I'd never been in and now can't remember the name other than something with the word eight, lol.

The pattern is Xs and Os, MSQC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom