State by State classifieds ?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Puffycheeks, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Puffycheeks

Puffycheeks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    HI, just wondering, is there any way to seperate the classifieds into a state by state format? I think most folks want to stay in their own local areas to buy, sell, trade, etc. so If anyone knows howe to seperate it PLEASE let us all know!!! Thanks

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I'm afraid this is one of those things we hope to make available in the future.

3. Puffycheeks

Puffycheeks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I dont know how it all works but it dosent seem like it would be that difficult. Alot of us have discussed it and think it would be very helpful. Thanks!

4. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    I agree with you! I hope it happens in the very near future! It would make searching so much easier.

5. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like the option to search by state for classifieds, but I wouldn't want it to be the only format. Many people are willing to ship their birds (and many are not), but I wouldn't want to miss something rare or special because it was in a state that I don't live in...and I certainly won't search through all 50 states on a daily basis to check listings. But...I definitely would like the option to look locally if I wasn't up to forking over shipping costs that month, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by