Stay Away from Feed Stores!!!!! *****PIC HEAVY*****

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lanissa86, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay, so Texas star here on BYC told me of a new feed store to go to! The prices were GREAT and they had TONS of baby chicks too choose from! My other feed store only orders around Easter, so I was all excited! I told myself I would ONLY look.....yeah right! I came home with 3 mystery bantams, since the feed store people didn't know what they were...and 2 mystery ducks my son just HAD to have...... So here they are! Anyone want to give the Breed Guessing a Shot????

I am Hoping a Silkie on this one...it has funny looking toes, I think 5?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Three of them Lined up! Aren't they cute! I have never seen a bantam in person before, so this is so cool! I can't believe how TINY they are! I just love em'!!!
    [​IMG]

This is BOSS he is a cutie
    [​IMG]

And this is BOB (my son came up with some funny names)
    [​IMG]

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    the first one looks like my silkie. Does it have black skin? the toes look black from what i can see. The are gorgeous little fluffkins,
    add on the second might be a cochin

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, looks like a silkie, two cochins and fluffy ducks to me!

4. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I have no clue what they are - other than utterly cute!!! Congrats on the babies. They are just too cute.

Penny

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay, question for the duck people! The black one is a saint! He is super quiet and friendly... the yellow looking one, not so.... HE IS A CRYBABY!!!! How do I make him stop? I have had tons of Rouens before, and they never cried like this....This is the first duck I have had where I just do not know what to do! Nothing is wrong with the little one, the Brooder is nice and warm for them both..... What else could I do?

6. banter

banter Songster

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    The black duck looks like a Runner to me -very erect in stature, lucky you!

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Yay! I was hoping a runner! When picking them with my son I told him to atleast grab one that stood up funny, and he grabbed this little guy! I sure hope so, they look so funny when grown! He is not really black, the pics make him look so....HE looks more of a rich chocolate color to me... So maybe a chocolate runner? He is such a GOOD duck!

8. banter

banter Songster

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Give the ducks some worms and dandelions (just a little to start). They need comfort food!

9. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks! I will give it a shot!

10. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wait....I don't think I have dandelions growing....Will herbs be ok? Like Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary? I have Tons of herbs in my little garden!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: