1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Staying alive!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PeeperKeeper, Feb 13, 2009.

1. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Not that anyone in particular would miss me, but... My computer crashed..., we had an ice storm. No power for 11 days..., my cow got mastitis, my doctor sent me to the hospital with a possible heart attack..., my husband ran over his dog (really bad)..., and I lost a hen. [​IMG]

My power is back, My heart is fine, the dog (Ginger) is in a cast and doing well, ( we tease her that she is now "Ford Tuff!" ), the cow is giving good milk again..., my sis is finding me a new computer, but my little hen is still a loss. Thank goodness the ice is gone! [​IMG]

I haven't been able to read all about everyone's trials and tribulations with this weather. I just hope all is well with you and yours. God Bless!

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i was wondering where the little mouse had been!

thank God you are okay! sorry about all that crazy stuff! [​IMG]

hope the computer thing works out!

blessings back at you! [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

actually I HAD been wondering where you've been; I love your sweet little avatar! Similar circumstances here in W. KY: ice, sleet, more ice, power outages, power restored, MULTIPLE house guests due to we now had power & water; they didn't, flooding from melting ice/sleet, power off/on/off/on, high winds finishing off the damaged trees from the ice storm, mud so deep it'll suck the boots right off my feet... I am SO ready for Spring... sigh....

eta sorry about turning this into one of those "it's all about me" things.. didn't mean to, just venting!
    I'm sorry about your little hen, glad your other circumstances are resolving at least to some degree, and hope you get a screamin' fast computer that is your dream machine! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Omgoodness! You've been through it these past few days havent you? [​IMG]

And of COURSE we'd miss you and we care.... [​IMG]

Many warm thoughts and prayers headed your way for peaceful days ahead!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WOW!!!! talk about a streak of bad luck. Thankfully everything worked out in the end. [​IMG]

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    oh god love ya.....glad to hear things are looking up

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG]

awww...so sorry about YOUR trials.

I think we all need hugs...ok everyone {{Group hug}}!!!

me,
    g

8. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Bless your heart! [​IMG]

9. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    WOW!! That is a lot to deal with in such a short amount of time. I am really sorry about the loss of your hen, but glad everything worked out OK. Good to have you back.

10. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    Not that anyone in particular would miss me, but... My computer crashed..., we had an ice storm. No power for 11 days..., my cow got mastitis, my doctor sent me to the hospital with a possible heart attack..., my husband ran over his dog (really bad)..., and I lost a hen.

My power is back, My heart is fine, the dog (Ginger) is in a cast and doing well, ( we tease her that she is now "Ford Tuff!" ), the cow is giving good milk again..., my sis is finding me a new computer, but my little hen is still a loss. Thank goodness the ice is gone!

Of course you were missed!!!!

Please forgive me [​IMG] ..........But couldn't help thinking that your recent tragedies sound like the lyrics to a country & western song. It just needs something about prison and a train!! [​IMG]

Sorry about your hen, but I am so glad things are looking up for you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by