1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Staying up all night to watch a hatching! with PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 202roosterlane, Aug 7, 2011.

1. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Hi I have recently had my first three chicks from the bator. But I always missed them hatching. So tonight I have four rocking and rolling. It is 11:41 pm here in Arkansas and I am going to stay up and wait [​IMG] , and wait [​IMG] , and wait.....[​IMG] Hoping to get some pics with no flash so I don't hurt their eyes.... I just keep telling my self, "don't falll asleep......" I am gonna set my egg timer for every 20 minutes in case I do fall a sleep. My granddaughter will love to see the pics.

Here is the first one. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Songster

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    awwwwwww

3. 202roosterlane

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    :wootUpdate: little guy dated 16 July just wiggled. He might live after all!!! [​IMG]

4. 202roosterlane

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    UGH !! [​IMG] well I am eggggshausted! They wiggled all night. Even the little guy I thought was not going to make it. But no chicks yet. So I am going to do it all day and night again. I really hope four hatch bout the same time!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

5. mstricer

mstricer Crowing

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Good luck with that. Don't you know a watched egg only hatches when you walk away. lol So sneak away slowly they when they least expect it look again. LOL [​IMG]

6. 202roosterlane

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I know right?!? I have checked on them all day.. They are still wiggling, but no chirping. I really hope they make it. I'm gonna try and check on them through the night.

Quote:

7. [​IMG] As soon as you fall asleep, the egg crackin will begin. Good luck, waitin to see the fluffies

8. mstricer

mstricer Crowing

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    It takes a long time even if you do catch them zipping that takes long enough for you to get bored or look up at the clock and realize you just wasted 1 1/2 hours doing nothing and it still didn't hatch. I have seven baby quail and 12 more to hatch. I've caught 3 of them. Good Luck Michele

9. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Songster

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    if you look at them too long be carfull! they might smile at you!!!! good luck!

10. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Songster

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Good luck! I have three in my gator right now and I'll be doing the same thing on Sat! Imhope u get to watch them all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by