1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stcky eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ginainflorida, Sep 3, 2016.

1. ginainflorida

ginainflorida New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    Hello cluckers
    I have a flock of 5 chickens here in hot sunny florida, 4 of them lay - my 2 leghorns are great however my 1 blondee lays an egg a day and the eggs seem to stick to shell when I crack it open - we do retrieve them right after she lays as my golden retrievers want to get to them - they get refrigerated within week so not sure what's going on here - it doesn't happen to the white eggs from leghorns. Any advice or suggestions?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]. Pleased you joined us. I'm not sure what might be causing your egg issue since it only happens with the eggs of one of your birds. Here is an article that is very instructive regarding egg abnormalities. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems
    You also might post in the Chicken Behaviors and Egg Laying forum. Hope you get the bottom of it. Best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. ginainflorida

ginainflorida New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    Thank you for the link - I checked out all of the deformities and none of those apply - inside the egg, the yolk is fine, it is nice and yellow however it doesn't want to come out - the whites part is clear and comes out - we ended up throwing them out with fear of something wrong.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wish I could offer advice but, I have never encountered any one with that problem. You might try hard boiling one to see how that comes out.

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. No suggestions, but i would still happily eat the eggs!

CT

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC. It's great to have you!

I'm with everyone else... sounds usual, never seen anything like it before.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by