stcky eggs

ginainflorida

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 1, 2014
Hello cluckers
I have a flock of 5 chickens here in hot sunny florida, 4 of them lay - my 2 leghorns are great however my 1 blondee lays an egg a day and the eggs seem to stick to shell when I crack it open - we do retrieve them right after she lays as my golden retrievers want to get to them - they get refrigerated within week so not sure what's going on here - it doesn't happen to the white eggs from leghorns. Any advice or suggestions?

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
. Pleased you joined us. I'm not sure what might be causing your egg issue since it only happens with the eggs of one of your birds. Here is an article that is very instructive regarding egg abnormalities. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems
You also might post in the Chicken Behaviors and Egg Laying forum. Hope you get the bottom of it. Best of luck!

Thank you for the link - I checked out all of the deformities and none of those apply - inside the egg, the yolk is fine, it is nice and yellow however it doesn't want to come out - the whites part is clear and comes out - we ended up throwing them out with fear of something wrong.

I wish I could offer advice but, I have never encountered any one with that problem. You might try hard boiling one to see how that comes out.

Hi and welcome to BYC. No suggestions, but i would still happily eat the eggs!

CT

Back
Top Bottom