steel shed? HELP

animals1981

Songster
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
Toronto
My Coop
My Coop
Okay I bought a house i am moving into 60 days I live in canada gets bad in the winter. Anyways I have a water bird. I wanted to add a couple of pigeons also? I need it to be bright, and wanted to add a small pond in the shed? with plants. I would hire someone to do it. I don't mess with stuff myself i will hurt myserlf lol. But is it easy to do and make nice for exotic birds even?

Sounds like a challenge - keeping a pond in the winter in Canada! I have mallard ducks, and keep a kiddie pool filled for them, and the big challenge is keeping the water clean. I have to drain it, clean it and re-fill it every 3 days or so. In the winter this just isn't practical as the pool freezes solid. So I have some 2 gallon shallow bowls I fill up on any sunny day and the ducks play around in the bowls. One thing I did that helped in winter was wrapping my outdoor coop with heavy duty clear plastic. This keeps the wind and snow out of the run and kept it a bit warmer - the water in the bowls and waterers did not freeze except on the coldest nights.

Post pics of your plans and the progress.

Back
Top Bottom