Step by Step Chicken Stick Nipple Waterer.

ClovisMan

Songster
5 Years
Jan 29, 2014
New Braunfels, TX
The Auto Chicken Water Stick - The Parts List:
Home Depot
Qty 1 - 2ft Stick of 1 inch PVC Part Number 61194211256 $1.88
Qty 1 - 1in PVC Cap Part Number 049081136826 $0.53
Qty 1 - 1in x 3/4in Reducing Female Adapter Part Number 049081130589 $0.86
Qty 1 - 3/4in MNPTxFHT PVC Swivel Part Number 046878533646 $1.86
Qty 4 - Solway Horizontal Chicken Nipples from eBay $2.05 ea $8.40
Each nipple will water 7-8 chickens so this stick is for 28-32 chickens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HORIZONT...054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338bfeed76

You will also need some teflon pipe tape and your favorite PVC glue. I use the new all-in-one spray stuff.

This is the Female Hose Adapter.

This is the 1 inch to 3/4 Female Reducing Adapter.

The 1 inch cap end.

The Solway Water Nipple.

Now take a marker and mark your holes on the 1 inch pipe. I put them at 3-8-13-18. I also take advantage of the print to make sure they are straight. :)

Next drill pilot holes over your marks. I use a small 1/8 drill bit for this.

Next drill the holes out to 3/8.

Clean the holes up with a rasp, file, or in my case a pocket knife. Also blow/clean out all the shavings from the PVC.

Now you are ready to glue the cap on one end and the female threaded adapter on the other.

Let the glue dry. The spray sets up pretty good in about 10 minutes. Put teflon tape on the thread of the hose adapter and thread into the female adapter.

Thread the chicken nipples into the holes on the PVC. Make sure your thread all the way flush or they will leak.

Here it is when its done.

Now just connect it to your favorite watersource. Mine happens to be a rain barrel, but you can also connect it directly to your water hose if you add a low pressure valve to your hose bib.

Last edited:
Very nice
yippiechickie.gif

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this! I have been considering changing over to the nipples, but wasn't sure how to get started. This information will make my life so much easier.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom