Stepford Animals

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Aug 30, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Tonight my horse Duke started neighing like crazy, like he has never done before. So I look outside and there is a man on a horse riding by the house. I go out back and there are my animals lined up by the fence, in order of size. Duke, Duchess (horses), Bert, Ernie (goats), and Scooter (dog). And the kicker is they are all the same color. I have never seen anything like it!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Where was your camera?!!!

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You should have grabbed a camera!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It was so late at dusk the flash would have spooked them and the pic would have been no good. It was classic to say the least. I am soooo danged happy that these animals, all of them, give us such amusement on a daily basis.

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    sometimes those moments without a camera are best left as a mental picture anyway. A couple of weeks ago a beautiful black, blue and orange butterfly landed on my hand and wouldn't leave! He hung out on my hand walking around for like 20 minutes. I kept thinking to try and sneak in the sliders and grab my camera, but it would have just ruined the moment by scaring him. Some moments like that, especially with animals are best left with no witnesses. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by