Stepped on my 3 weeks old button quail chick by accident. Dead within seconds

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Pontata, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Pontata

Pontata Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Oh my god I don't know what happened. It happened so fast. The chick had escaped and I was looking for it, the next moment it was dead. I am a murderer. The chick was doing the best out of the flock, growing the best.

Now it can never again eat the delicious food I feed, nor feel the warmth of the brooder, or snuggle up to me.

This one is exceptionally tame. I think it was trying to snuggle up my feet before it's quick and painful demise

I am still in shock.

2. beakmaster

beakmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Panama City, Florida
    Not a murderer... if it was an accident its called birdslaughter. I did the same thing to one of my A&Ms while chasing it around the yard. It happens, it will happen again. Try not to beat yourself up too much. At least it was fast.

3. Pontata

Jul 22, 2012
    I can't get it out of my head. It's easily the tamest one

4. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    I am sorry about your little one. It was an accident, so don't blame yourself. I've done something similar to what happened to you, so I do know the pain you are feeling now. When something like this happens, you want to blame yourself, instead of seeing it as an unfortunate accident. I hope you start feeling better soon....*Hugs*.

5. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh my I'm so sorry! I ALMOST killed one of nine when I true s to catch it when it mad a sudden stop. She now has a crooked beak. I feel so bad. I couldn't imagine killing one though!

Don't think you murdered it, it was an accident. They happen and they sometimes don't turn out to well. :( :,(

6. Peep-Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Stupid auto correct! Nine bit nine, tried not true s

7. Peep-Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Mine not nine!

8. Pontata

Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks guys for the replies. I feel like I cannot function properly. I loved this one so much.

It guts my heart to know this one was the biggest healthiest one. Not to mention it is a tame BUTTON, which is a miracle in itself.

9. stonecoldchey

stonecoldchey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    SE Oklahoma
    I'm sooo sorry for your loss.[​IMG]
    Don't beat yourself up over it though.

10. Weirdness555

Weirdness555 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    It's ok, please don't be too upset. It's horrible to lose a pet in any way, but blaming yourself won't make it undone. Concentrate on looking after all your other babies! We all love you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by