Steven and his friend Jessie, a pic of them together today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jan 24, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Steven has decided his friend that over-dosed needs close attention so he took him mountain hiking today in the Franklin Mountains and introduced him to GeoCaching. This young man never goes anywhere, does anything, because his family just doesn't do things together. So Steven has decided it's his mission for now to get him out into the great outdoors and show him what life and living is all about. They got to the top of one of the smaller mountains and sent me a pic. of the two of them. Steven's mouth is still really swollen from being hit Thurs. and you can see some bruising around his upper lip and his nose.

Have I mentioned I adore my kid? When he told me what he wanted he wanted to do I was nervous and talked with both of them about the dangers and the temperature, sent the GPS and a hand-held cb with them. Steven had his cell phone too,, and I told him not to let Jessie near any cliffs!!!

Steven and Jessie on top of the world!
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You son is a special friend - anyone would be glad to know him....

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, he was just telling me how much fun they had, Jessie was excited to see a 3 armed cactus so they took a pic of it and sent it to me to print for him.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It is really sad that poor kid has never experienced stuff like that!

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    When your children are doing the kind of things that you are witnessing with your son you can't help but rightfully feel proud.

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Sounds like a beautiful adventure. I wish it wasn't so darn cold here! I'm sick of it.

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Winter forgot us this year, the trees are trying to come out, the arbovitae are turning green already, gotta get the garden ready. I'm glad the boys had a good day, it was good for both of them, especially after losing their friend Leslie last week, our Homecoming Queen.

8. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Your son is wonderful... taking his friend out for Valentine's Day and now doing so much for Jessie. You have ever right to be very proud of that young man!

9. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Your son sounds like a dear, kind boy. You did well.

10. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by