Stick tight fleas, runny poo.. sneezing

Old biddy, sorry to hear about losing your peahen. If you do not raise bees, you might want to pick up some Permethrin 10 at TSC or other feed store. It can be mixed with water and used to spray the whole coop every 30 days to get rid of any infestation. Elector PSP is quite pricey, but it is supposed to be very good as well.

Thank you Eggcessive. I still have 5 adult peafowl in the pen and so I am worried about them as well. Yes, I have sprayed the coop with Permethrin 10 and will continue to do so. I have read that Elector PSP is even better to use and am checking that out as well. I am also treating the peafowl drinking water with Corid since I do have chickens in the area - though not inside the peafowl yard - and am worried about coccidiosis as well as the fleas. I wish I were a bird vet and knew better how to take care of my birds. This learning as I go is heartbreaking.

My poor peahen died yesterday. I had removed over half of the sticktight fleas with tweezers but it stressed her out terribly. I made sure she was drinking water so she would not dehydrate and I fed her a mixture of water and layer crumbles but she just kept deteriorating before my eyes. I had raised her from the day she was hatched. She was 7 months old. She was my baby and my friend. Her name was Ninja but I called her Brat. I miss you, Brat.
:hugs I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom