1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stickies missing from App/Mobile

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Mrs.H, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Mrs.H

Mrs.H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    I use the BYC App and/or mobile site (which are the exact same set up) on my iPhone now. There is no "sticky" section on each forum like there is on the desktop. Ive notice a lot of new members posting new threads with simple questions which could be avoided if the Sticky feature was available on the App/Mobile. A lot of members refer them to the Sticky section however unless they are using a desktop version of BYC they won't know. Maybe it's just the iPhone App? Maybe it's listed and called something different on the mobile app? Idk. But I would like to bring this to someone's attention because Stickys are very helpful and can prevent a lot of multi threads on same subjects such as basic feeding etc. I know the App is a basic version of BYC which I love but with more people using smartphones nowadays I think it needs the Sticky feature. Thanks!

2. CrzyChknLady81

CrzyChknLady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    I know this is forever old, but notice it still seems to have not been added (at least it's still not showing for me..n I'm on android ).. but agree 100% that it needs changed..so bumping this up ;)

3. Mrs.H

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah same here! Still not added.

4. CrzyChknLady81

Mar 29, 2015
    I would have assumed that would be one of the first things the mobile version had..I am always switched to desktop view on my phone because I am hatching right now and no matter how many times I do it, I read through the Hatching 101 every year

5. Mrs.H

Mar 22, 2010
    I just went on the desktop site for the first time since a joined, for couple years ago and just noticed the ovations I had those. No idea I had those lol!

6. CrzyChknLady81

Mar 29, 2015
    Lol..it's impossible to do a lot from the mobile version. I tried to make a Swap page 3 tines and finally gave up :/

7. CrzyChknLady81

Mar 29, 2015
    Well...I kinda feel stupid..I think...just found the "Learning Center" tab on the mobile version.. and I'm pretty sure it's the 'sticky' equivalent. .

8. Mrs.H

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmmmm looks like it just might be for the chicken forum?

9. CrzyChknLady81

Mar 29, 2015
    That's possible, I was looking for the Hatching 101 sticky (yet again, lol) and found a thread that said the Learning Center" was where the stickys were..I only used it long enough to find what I needed..
    That's pretty crappy if that's the case :( thought I stumbled on something..lol.. maybe with enough chit chatting on this thread, they'll notice us ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by