Sticky Chick (Duck)?

Busy Hatcher

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Wasilla, Alaska
I have been having problems with what I think is sticky chick, but with a twist. When the chick cant get out and I have to help I find that the inner membrane is white and papery looking with the air cell pulling away farther down than it should...but when I start gently removing It it is very gooey on the inside and has yellow/brown sticky gunk. So what I can't figure out is what I am doing wrong. First I thought I didn't have enough humidity and now I am thinking I have too much. Any help is appreciated!

What temperature are you incubating at and is your bator forced or still air?

My chicks came out like yours when my temp was running a bit low. They'd develop all the way to the end, one or 2 would hatch, some of them would pip and never make it out and the rest would die before pipping. Sad stuff :/

I have two incubators and they are both doing the same thing. One is an Rcom20 and it is forced air. The temp is set at 99.6 and i had a reptile thermometer in there that confirmed this temp. The other one is a janoel incubator and I know it has humitity problems that I am working on but the Rcom shouldn't be doing that...

Back
Top Bottom