Still a chicken hope to be

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your long-awaited move to the country.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

HennyPenny2019

Crowing
Nov 23, 2018
West Virginia
:frow Welcome to BYC @HennyPenny2019 ! Thank you for joining us!
Thanks for the welcome We have 3 French Bulldogs, I showed dogs for the past 15 years, but no more. I also have birds, Canaries, finches, Bourkes but won’t be adding to these since we are “downsizing” in preparation of an intended move.

HennyPenny2019

Crowing
Nov 23, 2018
West Virginia
:welcome Glad you joined us. Smart to take time to educate yourself prior to getting the chicks. You're going to love it here, so many helpful & informative members. You may want to update your profile with your location, helps us when helping out to know your time zone & weather conditions.
Thanks, I’m already learning about the different breeds just tonight. So many things to consider.
Ok, I’ll try to do that, I am in WV

HennyPenny2019

Crowing
Nov 23, 2018
West Virginia
CD2CFF40-1A94-4A5C-8A1B-5FD1C76B2805.jpeg
Cool! Do you have any pics?
Oh boy do I This is my youngest, Stevi, she is now 5, got her championship before she was 2.

Top Bottom