Still Air Incubator... 2nd attempt at hatching...

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
I have a Little Giant Still Air. On my last hatch (which was my first), I had 6 chicks die right at the end (never hatched), which I later learned was because I had the humidity too high. I also may have had the temperature too low during the incubation? I had the temp at 100* but I think I should keep it at 102*? Right now the humidity is at 56%. Is that ok? Please tell me what it should be kept at during hatching... don't want to have it too high again!
I just set 22 Cuckoo Maran eggs in there today... wish me luck!!
fl.gif

Try running at 102 like you mentioned, and the humidity sounds alright. More than likely it was the temperature problem that caused the chicks to die.

Hello, I had a similar problem.. I have a still air too and I kept it at 102 but my humidity was too high also. I had 16 eggs and only 4 hatched and the rest quit hatching day. I just bought another hygrometer and my original one was way off as I suspected. I have my still air hovering around 100 - 101 this time. And the humidity should be about 35% - 40% for the first 18 days and then it should be upped to about 65% - 70% for hatching. Good Luck. I have a batch set now on day 5 and my humidity was very high for the past 3 days, I will get it down with the new hygrometer and hopefully I have not done too much damage yet.

Back
Top Bottom