Still air incubator??? Need some advise/help PLEASE!!!

BlackRubleHatch

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2015
I have a still air Incubator with automatic turner and I have tried two times to hatch eggs with VERY VERY LITTLE luck. Out of 82 (41 eggs each time) eggs I think 6 ended up hatching. I set the temp at 99.5-100F, What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated GREATLY!!! I have some white leghorns that Id love to start raising from since they are the only thing laying right now and this spring Ill have all kinds of gamefowl that I wanna hatch off.

Sorry to hear you have had poor hatch rates :hugs

Your temp for a still air incubator is a little low. Still air temps needs to be about 102F.
The temp needs to be measured at the top of the eggs. Have you also double checked your thermometer so that you know it's giving you a correct reading?

Have you checked out "Hatching eggs 101"? Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

I do believe that the thermometer is reading correctly, Im gonna put a few eggs in there and try it at 102 and see how that works. Thank your for the Help. If I can remember and I have success Ill post pics. Im thinking about building a wooden incubator with a fan in it because Ive had alot better results out of those.

Back
Top Bottom