Still air or forced air bator??

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Beckey2054, May 31, 2012.

1. Beckey2054

Beckey2054 In the Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Utah
    Hi everyone!
    Have another question that I know all you wonderful people can help me with.. Love this forum!!! [​IMG]
    Anyhoo.. Question - DH built us an incubator for us to hatch GG quail eggs in.. He decided to modify it last minute (literally.. eggs arrived today.. going into bator either tomorrow night or saturday morning.. ) He added a small pc fan into the bator to help move the heat around better and maybe help with humidity.. SOO here is my question.. The gentleman we purchased the eggs from gave us instructions on hatching in a still air bator.. and a forced air bator... SO which is my bator now that DH added the fan?? Does it make it a forced air, even though the fan does not control the temp?? Or should I still consider it a still air and go with those temps.. I have decided just today that egg hatching just might make me bald.. lol [​IMG]

2. Lextextrapper

Lextextrapper Songster

May 5, 2009
    Lexington, TX
    The addition of the fan makes it a forced air incubator. The thermostat controls the heat. The fan just forces the air throughout the bator.

3. Beckey2054

Beckey2054 In the Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Utah
    Thank you!! We kind of thought it would now classify as "forced air" but then I don't want to make a mistake and kill my chicks before they have a chance.. Cannot wait to set them... [​IMG]

4. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Songster

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    Good luck. I just hatched out a few mexican speckled bobwhites last week

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: