1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still-Air versus Forced-Air for GOOSE EGGS

Discussion in 'Geese' started by M0therGoose, Apr 2, 2009.

1. M0therGoose

M0therGoose Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Pasadena, Texas
    I have 4 Sebbie eggs in a Still-Air Hova Bator 1602N. Is the humidity and temperature suppose to be the same as a forced air incubator? If not, what? My forced-air cabinet incubator died right before my sebbie eggs came in the mail so i had to run out and get the only thing i could find--- a still-air incubator. This is my first time hatching goose eggs. Thanks!

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Forced air is generally better for waterfowl eggs, but you use what you have available.

Temp for still air should be 101-102 to allow for temp layering in the incubator. Temp during forced air is 99.5.

Humdity is the same for forced air, and still air.

Good luck!

3. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I think the still air is much better at holding humidity here in my extremely dry climate. The constantly moving fan in the forced air really lowers the humidity and requires a lot more intervention to keep it high enough.

But, for temperature - my forced air can't be beat. It is a trade off, I guess. right now I have all my goose eggs in the still and most of my duck eggs in the forced. There doesnt' seem to be any difference in how things are progressing, most are fertile and growing well in both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by