Still all cockerels?

kathyscott

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2018
Hi! I posted when they were little and the consensus was all 3 of the black ones are barnyard mix cockerels (fathered by a black copper Marans). It's time to let them go as they are now 12.5 weeks old and we don't need/cannot have roosters. Just want to make sure I am not giving away a pullet! The light colored one is a pullet and she IS being rehomed. If one of the black ones is, I want to keep her as they are all very nice and friendly.
Thank you!
20180522_191642~2.jpg
20180522_190253~3.jpg
20180522_191803~2.jpg

Last edited:
YES
The light one looks like a pullet to me, but I'm not an expert.
She is! So you are! However she is being rehomed also because my 3 hens won't let her (or the black ones) in the henhouse and she is a pain to get back in the coop due to being ridiculously skittish.
I will edit my post to indicate that I am asking about the black ones :) thank you for your response

I'm trying to see the saddle feathers I think the first black one feathers are clear enough to say rooster

In person take the feathers that come before the tail feathers are they really pointy? Then its a roo

If the feather ends are round like the end of a spoon handle for example, then that should say pullet :)

Thanks so much for your replies everyone! That was what I needed to know. Away they go.
I'm trying to see the saddle feathers I think the first black one feathers are clear enough to say rooster

In person take the feathers that come before the tail feathers are they really pointy? Then its a roo

If the feather ends are round like the end of a spoon handle for example, then that should say pullet :)
Pointy!

They are still cockerels, sorry. If the hens bully your skittish pullet, I can see the reason why she is that way.
They do! Even though one of them was the surrogate hatcher. She raised them and protected them all from the other 2 hens for 7 weeks and then bam! Left them to fend for themselves and went back to hanging exclusively with her sister's. These 4 will be assaulted by the original 3 hens just for *thinking* about trying to sleep in the henhouse!

Back
Top Bottom