Still an ee or ameraucana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Poultrybonkers, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
  2. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I honestly cannot tell you 100% or any percent what breed of chicken he is. He is drop dead gorgeous and I love his puffy neck feathers. If I were to make up a breed name for him, I would call him an Ebony Huff N' Puff! [​IMG] More on a serious note, you have one beautiful bird. [​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    he could be but if he came from a hatchery i wouldn't my breath lol

4. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011

I could care less on if he is or not since hes not going anywhere i was just curious and i have 3 ee hens that are his lol

5. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011

Everyone saids he beautiful lol. Hes the top noch roo. All the hens go running to him when he finds nothing lol

6. Where'd you get him? If he came from a hatchery I really doubt he's pure Ameraucana, but if you got him from a breeder he probably is. Hatcheries are very.........well, slimy, about Ameraucanas. Even places that advertise or sell "ameraucanas" are generally NOT going to give you REAL Ameraucanas. Some places, like Murray McMurray sell (quote) "Ameraucana/Auraucanas", and give you EEs.

An EE is defined by the Ameraucana Breeders Club as a bird that possesses the blue egg gene, but does not fully meet the Ameraucana breed standard (as defined by the APA).. Further, even if a bird meets the breed and variety requirements, it must also breed true 50% of the time to be considered a REAL Ameraucana.

Your bird seems to meet the APA standards of a Black Ameraucana, but again, if you bought him from a hatchery, it is unlikely he is 100% Ameraucana.

He is an absolutely gorgeous bird though. :)

~~Ms.B :)

7. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Okay, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BIRD?! If he's from a hatchery, I'm going to drop everything and order from them right away. He's incredible.

8. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011

He did come from a hatchery lol he was in assorted eggs. :) i guess hes still an ee he hatched out blue chicks as my hen is a splash. :)

9. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Todays Pics
    He looks so fruity I just wanna pinch his cheeks!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by