Still at the post office

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CasualT, Jul 4, 2012.

1. CasualT

CasualT In the Brooder

May 9, 2012
    I ordered eggs from a lady the next state over (I'm in new England so that isn't that far) and asked her to send an assortment of whatever she had. I know she's sending duck eggs but she also had russian orloff, icelandic, Swedish flower hens and special project orpingtons that I was excited about. However in order to give me the freshest eggs possible she waited and sent them out Monday afternoon. Which means they didn't get here Tuesday liked I had hoped, as of last night they were at the processing center and will sit there all day today. I should get them in the morning. Temps have been in the 80s here and I'm worried about viability shipping is already hard on eggs, think these stand a chance? And seeing as they might already be developing, should I let them settle or just put them right in the incubator?

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

get the incubator set up and ready candle them when they arrive, i found once I got shipped eggs that were on day 2-3 (veining) and I put them straight in, another time they came cool enough so I waited.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: