STILL excited about my babies! Got a NICE NEW PIC of my EE's,BR's,BO!

msgenie516

The Happy Hen
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Nesconset, LI, NY
Hi again,

I hope I'm not boring anyone but I'm still SO EXCITED about my new baby chicks! I must be crazy, I think I must go out to the shed I'm keeping them in (with plenty of heat, water, and food) probably about every hour just to check on them! I'm so glad they haven't developed any problems but it's like a compulsion, I have to go out there just in case.

One time when I went out there last night, the feisty little things were all dancing aroung like they were fighting (it looked so-o-o cute!), no harm done, though. This happened to me once when I had only BO chicks and I was dismayed because I thought only roosters do that but I guess the pullets do it too, because the BO's turned out to be pullets (they are laying really nice LARGE light brown eggs, so I know for sure) despite the little "fighting dance" they did!

These are supposed to be pullets (we'll see, I hope so) and here they are at the feeder. The two in the foreground are EE's, the one on top is an EE, and the one all the way to the left on the other side is an EE. The two middle ones on the other side are BR's and the one all the way to the right is a BO. I can see a little green on the legs of the EE's (or is it my wishful thinking?). The one on top I may name "Granny" because she looks like she has a white/gray beard! LOL!

10514_babychicks6.jpg

I am usually so careful about how I handle my digital camera but, even though it was drizzling out, I had to take it with me (under my jacket) just so I could try to get a nice pic of the chicks. I would never dream of taking it outside in that awful weather for any other reason! This craziness has to stop!!! I even keep my babies under lock and key (literally!) just to make sure no harm can come to them!

This is a link to my earlier thread about these little babies if you would like to see the first pictures: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=152861

I
know there is not too much difference but I can't seem to contain myself when it comes to these little chickies! And I'm very happy to be part of this forum so that I can share my enthusiasm with others. Not many people around here have chickens so I really don't have too many folks to talk to. The ones that don't just don't understand!

Thanks for looking again! Just LOVE
love.gif
my chickies! Genie

They're super cute! I know what you mean about watching them. Doesn't time seem to speed up too? I'll feel like it's been about 10 minutes and it's actually been 40.
smile.png

I'm getting 5 EE's and 2 Cochins next month and I can't wait to see what they look like.

Granny's a great name for her, and the beard is hilarious.

we keep ours in the house, in the office....I couldn't imagine not having them in ears length. I love to hear them squeak and peck and flap around. and then at times they all get quiet and nap for 5 minutes. you are not obsessed at all, just careful and considerate.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom