1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still hating quarentine...frizzles!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Aug 10, 2011.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    My frizzles have just started their stint in chicken jail aka quarentine. They're not real happy about having to share their cell, but they say the food is good [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    General Tso and Chick Norris. Though I'm not really sure that General Tso is a boy. Its the smooth buff one. Its comb and wattles are pretty small and not really all that red. It has a nice, round shape too. I've heard both of the frizzles making that trilling noise roosters make when they go on alert. The smooth one usually runs and sticks its head in a corner with Mary Belle (my special needs pullet who was living in the hutch before I got the frizzles). It just doesn't act like a cockeral. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    General Tso also seems to have a bum leg today as well [​IMG] he/she is moving the toes and using it to walk around, it just acts like its leg is tender. Its eating and drinking just fine. It may have gotten hurt during one of their riots, see below.
    [​IMG]
    Here's Kickin' Chicken, the trouble maker. Both Mary Belle and General Tso seem to prefer Chick Norris over Kickin' Chicken. So he picks on them (which also leads me to question the Generals sex), which in turn makes Chick Norris very angry. Then Chick gets mad and retaliates and a riot breaks out. Sorry for the picture quality. You can see Mary Belle in the back, Kickin's giving her a look. That's Chick on the right in the back, coming to kick Kickin's butt for looking at his girl [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A better pic of Mary Belle, for those that don't already know her. She's blind in one eye and has been in the hutch for a while now trying to put on a little more weight. The cat was her favorite guy before the newbies got here. Now she's just having fun being a chicken. Mary Belle is almost 16 weeks old, and the new guys are about 13.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    AWWWW!!! I still have some polish in quarintine... 1 more week [​IMG]
    Good luck with your lil cuties poor kitty may get lonely [​IMG]

3. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hmmm.... I never quarentined my chooks. They are all fine its been almost 3 weeks since we got them already.... I guess, to each their own, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by