Still haven't managed to leave yet!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Missed the deadline to have left today cuz I was (AM!) simply overwhelmed. Missed the deadline for being able to leave tomorrow morning. But it was worth it because I spent the day getting my mare up to UT for Coggins and such so I could take her to her new boarding place. I really feel I have a major worry taken care of, first with the old mare being rescued and now Megan in a safe place while I'm gone. I have no idea who or why, but when I went to feed yesterday evening, the gate to another pasture (that has a fence down) was open, the gate to the highway was unlatched (thank goodness it's on a slope, so it stayed closed) and the door to the feed room was standing wide open. Thank goodness she didn't get into the feed bins! So although I left the house at 0715 and didn't get homw till after 5PM and didn't get any cleaning or packing done at all, I feel so much better knowing she is safe in a great place (100 acres of pasture!) and far away where no one around here knows where she is. I won't be constantly worrying about her, wondering if she's been let out, tangled in the fence or colicked.
    The GOOD news is that I have almost everything ready to go. As soon as I can see what I'm doing in the morning, I'll get the rest of the stuff packed into the truck, except the animal crates and carriers. Then I can load the Plymouth onto the trailer and stuff it too. Of course I do have to do some weedwhacking and pick up all the stuff the neighbors dog has scattered around the yard. Then get the landlord to inspect and pray he gives me my deposit back so I can have gas money!
    [​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'll pray that your whole move will go well with no problems. I'm so glad your horses are in good hands.

3. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    WELLCOME TO ARKANSAS, come on down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by