still having fun?????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by seminolewind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    When I ordered my 3 chicks and a pullet, a BO and 3 Jersey Giants, my DH built me the tractor that is the A frame, the floor is 4 by 8 feet. I have just realized that this is not big enough for them. So today I converted half the shed to a coop. I will have to sell the tractor, which was supposed to be a coop. Didn't tell DH that I might fill up the extra space! Karen

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    We finished our coop and run in August and I'm already talking to DH about expanding both so I can get more chickens, I'm a chickenholic, I need a 12 step program. [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Us too. I wont be happy til we just buy a farm and get it over with [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh yes, I am still haveing FUN! What started at 6 or 7...is now over 60...AND 3 turkeys. Was one little coop....now 6 coops, and 2 "holding pens"
    12 step program??

My Name is Debbie...and I am a chickenholic. [​IMG]

5. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I just started on my first coop today ( finally ) but we started with 2 hens and 1 roo and 2 ducks - we now have 1 roo, 17 hens,and 3 ducks - and next weekend we will be adding a just ducks yard attached to the chickenyard with thier own little duck house -- i need a bigger yard LOL

6. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Too funny! You scare me woman! I have 6 and all I can think about is getting more. I look at pix of chicken breeds the way some women look at jewelry. Will I succumb and end up w/....60???!!![​IMG]

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Debbie, does this mean they're pets?

8. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Karen DO NOT sell the tractor... You will need it.

9. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Those extra constructions (hubby made our Chicken Teepee <chicken tractor w/o all the extras) come in SUPER handy. Right now I have 3 chicks who are in it until they are big enough for the Big Girls coop, and I've also used it in the past for new chickens. I agree, keep it! You'll find a use for it MWAHAHAHA

Me too... 10 Big Girls, 3 babies, 2 new recruits, 2 sets of eggs on e-bay... and a hubby who originally only agreed to 2 [​IMG]

My name's Meghan, and I am Chicken-a-holic.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  10. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    I wouldn't sell the tractor! You might need it for new babies.

I've been thinking of how I'm going to expand my run for next year to add more chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by