Still holding out

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by championny, Apr 24, 2008.

1. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Well, its day 22/23 and I still have my last 3 Delawares after my 11 egg disappointment, but I am not sure they are going to make it at all. One egg slightly moves a bit. I rubbed my eyes, and went back and forth thinking that perhaps I was imagining, but it looks like its still hanging in there.

My Welsummers lok like only 1 so far, but I said that about my Delawares and ended up with a few more grown in the shell I did not realize. Same goes for the goose eggs, of which 1 is darkened and the other two still not sure about.

Well, I am giving the Delawares until next week when I anticipate the rest of the hatch so we will see whats going on then.

I was so despaired at the time I found my bad batch I didn't want to incubate again. However, I have decided that in another month, I will try again and do a few things differently. it seemed like I was so close, but something went wrong along the way. So, off to see what next week brings for my eggs!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Best of luck!

3. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Yeah, well today is the last day I am letting the Delawares sit before I cull them. It was an exhausting ride but I am ready to bring on the Toulouse and Welsummer(s). (I can only confirm one egg is growing [​IMG] )

So now I am going to sit back and wait for my Delawares from Ideal to come. I should have done that in the first place and saved a whole lotta money, but it was fun to try to hatch your own. I was going to sell my LG on eBay, but a wise member advised me not to. So let's see where are next adventure will go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by