Still looking for a Buff Orpington Roo

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muddler6, Jul 15, 2008.

1. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Hello,
    I have a couple people looking but I am still hoping someone out there close to me has an extra 4-8 week old Buff Orpington Roo they need to find a home for. He will have a good home and a group of girls waiting for him. I want to stay away from mixed breeds, and just stick to pure Buff Orps. I'm in Jefferson County PA and travel around the county with my job so any leads would be appreciated.

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    We have an extra purebred buff orpington rooster. He was hatched on April 16, 2008. We live in Franklin County, PA, though. Just reply if your interested. [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I have 3 cockerels, hatched on 6/12, so they'll be 5 weeks this Thursday. Asking $5 each to cover feed/care plus actual Express s/h and $10 for new Horizon box with biofilters. If you're interested in a road trip, he'd be a cheap little roo. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

4. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    If I lived Closer to you both, I would take one in a second. If either of you happen to be heading across the state in my direction let me know. I have a couple other local leads that I am hoping will pan out. After everything I have heard I would love to have on of your birds (hinkjc)!!! I will let you know if I decide to go that route and have one shipped as soon as possible though.

5. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    [​IMG] Please take my Buff Orpington Hen! I know your in PA I am too! 18512 NEPA [​IMG]

6. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Quote:I would love to, but it is a really long drive, and I know that it is probably safe, but I don't like the idea of shipping birds. I'll tell you like I told the others if you head my way across the state some time soon let me know.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Were heading up to Potter County in October I think. Maybe you could meet us along the way?

8. Oleychickmama

Oleychickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Hi there,
    I'm in Oley Township, on the east side of Reading. Happen to have a Buff Orpington Roo that is 10 weeks old.
    Not sure where Jefferson County is?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  9. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Quote:If I don't have one by October it's a deal. I have a couple e-mail replies from hear and a local ad I put out, so I am hopeful that I will get one of them. therealsilkiechick is helping me out too with her connections and I trust their judgement on good birds, they know quite a few locals. With gas prices so stinkin' high I don't want to drive too far for one. I am all over Jefferson County (Between DuBois and Clarion, PA) and occassionally travel through parts of Clearfield county with my job. I picked up my other birds during a break a few weeks ago and saved some gas that way. O.K. enough rambling. I know someone will help me get a boy for my girls!!

10. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Just in case anyone was still thinking of me, I got a rooster for my girls. He was a little older than I was wanting, but he was free, local and from someone I know, and did I mention Free!!! My 1 1/2 month old girls, just aren't ready for a 4 1/2 month old boy, quite a size difference right now.
    Thanks to all the offers that showed up on here and in my PM inbox though. Now I need someone to break it to the wife that I may need another coop. Any takers on that one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by