Still Looking for an Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bring, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Bring

Bring Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    New Mexico
    I want a used, inexpensive incubator. I can't find one anywhere. I've been looking on ebay, craigslist and internet. Doesn't anybody have one they want to get rid of? I want to buy some silkie and mille cochin eggs. Especially the cochin eggs. Nobody around me has any so I would have to hatch them myself but again, I can't find a cheep incubator. Under $50 would be ideal. One that works well and has everything I need as this will be my first attempt at hatching my own. Anybody??

2. mtnkids

mtnkids Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2009
    Southeast Iowa
    I also had trouble finding a used incubator. I don't know if they have them where you are at, but I bought mine at Orschelns, the farm supply store new for 42.00. It didn't come with turner and is still air but it is a good working incubator!
    I just checked, and you can get the same one I got for the same price from Tractor Supply. If there is a store near you that doesn't carry them, you can order it and get free shipping from site to store, or if there is not a store near you the shipping is still about 8.00.
    Hope that helps and good luck!

3. Marcos

Marcos New Egg

Dec 27, 2009
    Modesto CA.
    Try Tractor Supply
    yesterday i bought the egg turner for 31.99 using an online $10 off coupon
    AQHA29

i dont know if still works , you can test coupon before you even add you info to finish pay
    you can also get free shipping if you pick up item on a Tractor Supply store near you.​

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Find a kid in 4H or FFA. Bet a cold glass of water agianst a wooden nickle they can help you out. They haven't failed me yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by