1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still looking for guineas -- SW PA (Butler County)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by brandywine, Jul 31, 2008.

1. brandywine

brandywine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    I'm still looking for guineas. I live in Butler County, PA. Would prefer adults or older (feathered) keets.

2. wildernessdweller

wildernessdweller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    guinea keets grow remarkably fast. it only takes 3 weeks for them to become feathered. it's much cheaper to ship them as newly hatched.

if you're interested, I have plenty hatching...Maine 04922

2 0 7 8 6 1 1 0 1 6

3. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:Brandywine,
    I came across 3 Guinea Keet ads in PA, & one is for 3wk olds:

For Sale Guinea Keets (chicks) 3wks old $5.00 each (724)932-3817

For Sale Young Guinea foul $2.00 (724)290-7157

French Guinea hens & keets For Sale (814)967-2402

Hope this helps [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  4. brandywine

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    Hey, that is a big help Mrs. CountryChick. Those all seem to be in the area -- where did you see the ads?

I'll call around tomorrow!

Wildernessdweller, I know they grow fast. I didn't order keets this year because no one wanted to split an order, and I didn't want 25 or even 15 of them to start with. If I'd known they'd be hard to come by, I'd have placed a full order and then sold off the extras later. Maybe five or six of them to start. I just got the chickens out of the brooder, and am kind of done brooding for right now.

5. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    I found all 3 Ads in the Area Shopper. It's a Free newspaper, like the Bargain Bulletin. It's from Meadville, PA, but covers the same area for ads as the Bargain Bulletin. New ones are distributed every Saturday. You can get them at stores like Walmart or Giant Eagle (next to the Bargain Bulletin usually). But.... I just noticed that they have an online website : www.theareashopper.com & it shows all the ad pages online, so that's Even Better. [​IMG] OH in case you take a look at it, the Guinea ads were on pages: 4, 12 & 19. Glad I helped [​IMG] Good Luck!

6. brandywine

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    Woot! I went to the farm show setup today to enter some produce, and went by the poultry tent -- there was a guy there selling keets. I was able to get three three-week-olds, which are making their weird little noises out in my brooder (now the quarantine pen).

I may still want a few more, and am going to call those numbers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by