1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still looking for hatching eggs, banty roo, Minnesota

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by A Dunne, Jan 4, 2011.

1. A Dunne

A Dunne Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2010
    I am still looking for various hatching eggs, preferably banties or banty mix. I am also looking for a banty roo of any type for my hens.(just that he be pretty small).

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I will have banty eggs but it is a litle cold for shipping for my tastes...heck...I keep getting frozen eggs...

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Hi
    Where are you located? We have a real nice bantam Cochin Roo that has no hens to call his own...and lots of baby roo chicks I also have lots of bantam Cochin's for eggs but they are not laying very well at the moment.When they kick it back into gear we will have black/blue mottled pen, a mixed color pen with frizzle roo so some will be frizzle some will be barred and who knows what else other than cute and fluffy last is my 2 Mille Fleur Cochin pens.I also have a partridge silkie living with my black Ameraucana(true) roo right now..chicks are hatching solid black 10 toes with cheeks and could lay blue eggs..can't send very many though as I only get about 3 a week

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have several OEGB cockerels/roosters available if you don't mind shipping. I don't have many pure eggs right now (the only ones laying are those NOT penned up of course!), but I could probably get 6-8 mixed bantam eggs for you. I have OEGB, bantam cochins, and d'uccles, though they do free range with LF birds. I also have some hens that are OEG, but they aren't big enough to be LF and not small enough to be bantam, I could put some of those eggs in as well. It might take up to a week to get them since I seem to get 10 eggs one day and 2-3 eggs for 2-3 days, so I'd have to wait for a 10-egg day [​IMG]

5. A Dunne

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks all, sending pms.[​IMG] As far as the roo, unless I can find one locally, he would have to be shipped.
    Yeah, its probably a little cold for shipping eggs but I have the incubating BUG. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm in MN! I have OEGBs and Silkies. Where in MN are you?

7. A Dunne

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi Fellow Minnesotan! I am over in the Winona area.

8. KateBeauchemin

KateBeauchemin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    I've been shipping eggs for 4 weeks now and have gotten hatches all over from NY to Cali, I usually don't sell my banty eggs cause noone wants them.

They are all in their heated barn together and mating with whomever.

I have Blue laced dark cornish hens, dark cornish hens, blue cornish rooster (all bantams)
    Also Silkie Serema girls, silkie mixed with serema, not fluffy serema gene. Those girls are some broody girls.
    Also 2 black cochin bantam hens.
    Also two cochin frizzles hens, one birchen, one blue

Possible fathers are, mottled cochin roo (Logan), serema roo (Paco), white OEG (Lewis), Black cochin roo (Lyle), Felipe (golden duckwing oeg)

I'm getting 5-10 a day, and this isn't normal for my banties! But their heated barn must be warm.

If you'd like just pay shipping, usually 6-8 dollars priority to neighboring states. I'll give you the eggs for free.

In the spring they will all be in their separate guest houses.

I have more pics on my site. www.neateggmaker.webs.com

Blessings to you.
    kate
    [​IMG] Blue cornish
    [​IMG] Blue cornish
    Paco [​IMG]
    Princess [​IMG]

9. A Dunne

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks! PM sent.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by