still looking to rehome roosters

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by 5th lake chick, Feb 14, 2013.

1. 5th lake chick

5th lake chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2012
    Northern Wisconsin
    Northeast Wi roosters - buff orpington and bantam cochin roosters 9 months old. Hens are being overmated!!!!!

2. jesus89

jesus89 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Do you still have the buff Orpington rooster? And are you willing to ship?

3. 5th lake chick

Jul 19, 2012
    Northern Wisconsin
    Maybe , where to.

4. jesus89

Feb 21, 2013
    Crescent city Florida zip 32112 please let me know ASAP as I am going to a farm swap this weekend thank you

5. 5th lake chick

Jul 19, 2012
    Northern Wisconsin
    Thanks for the offer, but I looked into shipping and it looks like it would be quite expensive. Vet fee to document the rooster is in good health and cost of box and shipping. So I am going to have to decline your offer. Good luck at the swap meet. I wish we had one coming soon, but not till warm weather up here.

6. jesus89

Feb 21, 2013
    How much did the fees amount to if you don't mind me asking? Maybe I can cover them.thanks

7. 5th lake chick

Jul 19, 2012
    Northern Wisconsin
    Sorry, I didn't get exact cost. Once I found out about the vet costs, it was out of my budget. If you would want to help cover the cost I can check exact costs. Are you looking for him for breeding?

8. jesus89

Feb 21, 2013
    Yes I could work with that and most probably he will be breeding since I would put him with some hens but that isn't my purpose for him I just want to get my flock going so I'm taking in any chickens I can lol so if he breeds or not with the chickens it doesn't matter to me lol

9. 5th lake chick

Jul 19, 2012
    Northern Wisconsin
    Sorry, we no longer have the rooster. If you are interested in getting a buff orpington here is where I got mine. Edgewood Acres Poultry. they are on facebook. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by