1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

still new to this!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sclivestock, Jan 17, 2014.

1. sclivestock

sclivestock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    Sugar Valley , GA
    My name is tanner and I co.own a livestock company with my dad called Snake Creek Livestock. We have many different kinds of animals on our farm including: cattle, pigs, horses, goats, and the most recent is chickens. Since we've started with chickens my 2 year old daughter and I have became hooked. We started with mature birds then started raising chicks. We have a few different breeds from our super rare red dominques (rooster and hen) to our new hampsire reds (hens) and buff orpingtons ( hen and chicks). I am hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from everyone here.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Welcome. We used to have all those animals too. Now just chickens.

3. ThomasMcD

ThomasMcD Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    Welcome to BYC! Home to hear more about your job. Sounds like a great experience.

4. sclivestock

Jan 17, 2014
    Sugar Valley , GA
    It is an amazing experience. Although it isn't my only job I also work 3rd shift at a local carpet mill, juggling the two hasn't been easy but its well worth it.

5. ThomasMcD

ThomasMcD Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    That sounds like a great way to learn new things. I am close to graduation, and hope to get a job where I can learn more about everything. *Crosses fingers* if people want to hire me.

6. sclivestock

Jan 17, 2014
    Sugar Valley , GA
    Its a great way to learn new things if you like to learn the hard way. I highly suggest getting to know people personally that already do what you're interested in doing, they won't tell you all the secrets but they usually are more then willing to point you in the right direction. Good luck with everything its not always easy but stick to it and be creative and you can go along way!:thumbsup

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by