Still no babies from Meyer today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by toyzbox, Apr 22, 2009.

1. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    OMG [​IMG] I can't take this anymore. [​IMG] All the live shipments get to my post office before 7a.m. My chicks are still not here. They shipped on Monday. This is going to kill me.

2. lceh

lceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Virginia
    My Meyer chicks shipped on Monday and arrived at 7:30 in the evening on Wednesday. The P.O. people told me they almost always came around 11 a.m., so I basically gave them up for lost. Then they called me after supper, and the chicks had made it okay. Keep your chin up!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    My babies came from Ideal in TX to SE,Louisiana sent out on Monday and got to the city PO at around 2:00p on Wed. could not reach me. My PO(Pearl River) picked them up and I got them from there and it was not in the am. So there is still some hope. Yeah it also made me a nervous wreck.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I am waiting for mine from Welp.....really was hoping for today. Small post office and truck came already.... [​IMG]

5. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I am waiting for mine from Ideal, they are/were supposed to be here today. The waiting is torture! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. toyzbox

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    Quote:You're a life saver. I saw what you said and called them back. Now they tell me that sometimes they get shipments at noon.[​IMG]
    So maybe there is hope. If they don't come in today then it will have been 3 days.
    And that equals 3 years in "waiting for my chicks" time...[​IMG]

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Im waiting for some from Ideal and Sandhill Preservation....

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    If my shipment doesn't come from Meyer today my receptionist will (seriously) start crying. She knows I'm getting itty bitty bantams and they are not as tough as the big standards. I always have to open the box and make sure everyoen is alright before she can see them.

Of course if it doens' tcome today I may start crying too. [​IMG]

9. toyzbox

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    Yup, got a whole office of folks that are getting sick of me just pacing around waiting for the phone to ring. I'm not even in the mood to use a cute icon anymore....

10. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    I called the post office, no babies, all the shipments are in. Guess I better bring a plastic bag for the deaders tomorrow if they arrive then. Going to cry over baby birds I've never even seen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by