Still no chicks!?!?!? Now Im getting worried.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HaileyandJoliesMom, Aug 15, 2008.

1. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mcmurray Hatchery shipped my 25 brown egg layers and 10 EE's On Wednesday. I was expecting a call from the post office early this AM but got nothing.

I called and the post office asked for an express #, would Mcmurray give that to me if I called? Please tell me all hope is not lost I cant imagine my babies not getting her OK!!

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    its only been 2 days, mine took 3 and I only lost one chick after I got them, They might come this afternoon, i know my PO gets 2 trucks that come in, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Dont worry to much !!!!!! Good luck and keep us updated please !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ravenfeathers

ravenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    vermont
    Quote:i believe mcmurray ships priority, not express, so they probably don't have a tracking number to give you. priority is 2-3 days, so if they're not to your local PO by saturday, you might have to call the hatchery or your nearest sorting center. good luck!

4. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you confirm with McMurray that the chicks truly shipped on Wednesday? The hatchery we work with sometimes must ship the day after hatch due to high volumes of orders, so birds hatched on Monday sometimes are shipped on Tuesday morning.

Jim

5. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I called McMurray and they said I should expect them Saturday AM. The post office said the truck comes in at 4:30 - 5am so I would hear from them By 6am. Im not going to sleep tonight worrying about them.

When I called McMurray they said that if there were any DOAs to call them by Monday morning. The CSR didnt seem to concerned about the babies, so maybe its just me. Ive never ordered chicks before so Im not used to the waiting!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by