Still no eggs, what gives?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stone_family3, Sep 26, 2011.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Hen was born on January 26th, 2011. I bought her as an adult because I wanted eggs now. I bought her Friday Sept 23, I figured a few days for her to get settled. She seems to have gotten settled just fine. Interacts with my other hen very well, eating and drinking fine. Plenty of out side time is offered (though she won't go out unless I put her out just like my other hen Luna). How long do you think till I start getting an egg from her?

2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

I dont know. Some hens take longer than others. Like i bought some laying hens and the next day i had eggs, then because of my first luck i bought two more and they didnt lay for a whole week.[​IMG]

3. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Rats, thanks.

I guess I should count my blessings. Luna is very timid and I was afraid the new hen would pick on her, they get along great and are buddy buddy.

4. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    my girls were hatched on march 17th this spring and I still have several not laying,, in fact out of 23 hen of different ages but of egg laying age... I am only getting 4 eggs a day and its always the same girls..people keep saying to just be patient.

5. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    I have 9 RIR ladies the same age born in early march and only have five laying semi-regular. I was getting 4-6 eggs a day and now they have shut down to only 2 eggs yesterday. I get a few funky eggs sometimes, (no shells, half formed, no yoke, sometimes looks like chewed bubble gum. These are from the most immature ladies. I've also gotten three super jumbo size eggs that look like they came from a goose. Made me hurt just to think about it. But, I figure they will work it all out sooner or later. My birds all look and act healthy but this change in the weather from 98 to 105 degrees to the 80's almost overnight since Hurricaine Irene has messed with their production.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by